Debt Defense By Creditor Attorneys
The best defense against a creditor is to hire an attorney who has creditor experience. At Washington Debt Law, all of our attorneys have worked on the creditor side. This insight and experience allow us to deal with creditors and debts more effectively than attorneys who have never walked on “the dark side” so to speak.
Additionally, we are a full service debt relief law firm. We can handle any debt related matter from inception to trial and can litigate in state, federal, and bankruptcy court or resolve the matter outside of court.
Lastly, we limit our practice only to Washington State and only to debt related matters. By practicing only in the state where we live and only in debt related areas of law, we bring a local approach that national firms simply lack and a sophisticated approach that many smaller firms lack.
If you would like a boutique level debt defense, we can put our experience on your side. We offer free initial phone consultations. Call today to see how we can help!
- Condo & HOA Foreclosure & Litigation
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Loan Modification
- Judicial Foreclosure Defense
- Non-Judicial Foreclosure Defense
- Produce the Note & Quiet Title Litigation
- Strategic Default & Bankruptcy Options
- Temporary Restraining Order Against Foreclosure Sale
- Collection Issues (FDCPA, RCW 19.16, TCPA)
- Credit Issues- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Lemon Law, Warranty, & Auto Sales Fraud/Scams
- Mortgage Fraud Litigation
- Predatory Debt Consolidators, Loan Mod Firms, Pay Day Lenders
- RCW 18 & 19 series litigation generally
- WA Consumer Protection Act Litigation (RCW 19.86)
- Collection Claim Defense (State & Federal)
- Counterclaims under FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, RCW 19.16, RCW 19.86
- Debt Settlement
- Interest Reduction on Criminal Restitution and LFO’s
- Pro Se Consultation & Ghost Writing
- Student Loan Defense, Settlement, & Hardship Discharge
- Zombie Debt & Discharge Injunction Contempt Counter Claims
- Adversary Proceedings & Litigation in Bankruptcy Court
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Petitions
- Lien Strips & Cram Downs
- Motions for Relief
- Objections to Claim or Discharge
- Strategic Bankruptcy Consultation
- Student Loan Hardship Discharge
A Focus on Strategic Planning
You can win a battle and lose a war. Many firms focus on using a quickly filed bankruptcy as a one size fits all approach to debt relief. That is not our approach. Bankruptcy tends to be our last option with a focus on using strategic defaults, movement of assets, specific debt defense, and holding a battle line until it is about to fold- then we use bankruptcy only as a final option for maximum effect. In many instances, bankruptcy can be avoided. However, if it is necessary, we can make it more effective by filing at the last minute.
Solutions When Bankruptcy is Not an Option
There are some times when you cannot file a bankruptcy. You might be in the middle of a personal injury case, you might have already filed, you might even just have personal ethical reasons for why you do not want to file. Regardless of your reason we can help. We offer debt negotiation services, collections defense, fair credit reporting act litigation, fraud litigation, and other solutions. If there are no legal service options for your situation, we can make an introduction to a media consultant to assist you in taking your case to social and news media as a last ditch option. We have solutions, both conventional and unconventional, for any debt issue you can bring to us.
Fast Solutions When Time is of the Essence
While long term strategies can be more effective, sometimes you need help now. If this is the situation, we can bring an array of options to the table. We can file a bankruptcy to get garnished money back, we can appear at a motion for summary judgment in a collection suit, and we can stop a foreclosure with a temporary restraining order. We can also offer a layered defense where we start with a demand letter, bring a restraining order or counterclaim, and reserve a bankruptcy as a final fallback position. We are also one of the few firms that will handle an emergency bankruptcy petition provided we have the availability to accommodate you.
Call Today To See How We Can Help: (206) 535-2559
No matter whether you are facing foreclosure, bankruptcy, garnishment, or other debt related issues, we can help. We offer a free phone consultation and have convenient locations throughout the Puget Sound. We also offer remote representation options for clients in Eastern Washington. Call today to see how we can help!